Juicing fresh fruits and vegetables has become popular with more and more people embracing this trend. Drinking green juice every day may boost skin health, increase energy, and lower cravings and hunger pangs. With a dense nutrient diet, the body gets to an optimal functioning level. Green juices, especially kale juice, are beneficial due to the potent nutrients.
About kale juice
Kale was first grown in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean in 200BC. It is a leafy, cruciferous, green vegetable rich in essential nutrients and does not contain any fat. Kale juice is extracted from kale and is known for its robust medicinal value due to the vegetable’s potency. This juice has a high percentage of chlorophyll which helps increase the haemoglobin level of blood. Of all the super healthy greens, kale juice is king.
Nutrients in kale juice
This superfood is significantly packed with essential nutrients, namely:
1. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is important for strengthening immunity, maintaining normal vision, and reproductive health. This nutrient also helps lungs, kidneys, heart, and other body organs function properly.
2. Vitamin K
Vitamin K is one of the fat-soluble vitamins. This vitamin plays a vital role in bone metabolism, blood clotting, and regulating calcium levels in the blood.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid and is a vital nutrient for health. This nutrient is an antioxidant and is essential for the functioning of many body parts and preserving immunity.
4. Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is responsible for the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, creating red blood cells and adrenaline. This vitamin helps prevent and treat Alzheimer’s, brain health, inflammation and improves mood.
Manganese is a micronutrient which the body does not need in a large amount. The body requires this nutrient for the optimal functioning of the brain, nervous system, and other body enzymes.
Calcium is important for the body to help maintain and build strong bones and nerves, maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, muscle, and heart health. The body needs calcium to function properly.
Copper is highly nutritious for the body. When combined with Iron, copper enables the formation of red blood cells in the body. This nutrient helps maintain healthy blood vessels, healthy bones, healthy nerves, maintains the immune system, and helps in iron absorption. Enough copper in the diet helps prevent osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases.
Potassium is another vital mineral nutrient in the body. Potassium helps regulate muscle contractions and nerve signals, regulate body fluid balance, and may help reduce water retention and blood pressure. Additionally, potassium may prevent kidney stones, osteoporosis, and stroke.
Magnesium has many roles in the body’s health and brain. These roles are energy creation, gene maintenance, protein formation, muscle movements, fighting depression, and preventing type 2 diabetes.
How does kale juice work?
Kale juice is extracted from raw green kale vegetables by juicing or blending. The juice can be mixed with fruit for palatability purposes. Juicing may help prevent the risk of cancer, eliminate toxins from the body, boost immunity, helps reduce weight, remove toxins from the body, and aid in digestion. Once the juice is consumed, the body absorbs the minerals, enzymes, and vitamins in their raw nature.
Check these 6 Different Recipes of Kale Juice For Weight Loss
This means that all the nutrients in the juice are in their most potent state and this enables the body to work at optimum levels by flushing out toxins that are harmful to the body.
How to drink kale juice
- Raw kale should be washed thoroughly in clean water.
- Consume the juice straight from the juicer or blender to avoid oxidation.
- Avoid overconsuming the juice.
- Take a few day’s break from the juice.
- Take on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning.
- Consult a doctor if on blood thinners or kidney medication.
- Stored juice should be kept in an airtight container and consumed within 24 hours.
- Prevents cancer: Chlorophyll in kale binds carcinogens and blocks them from absorption. This reduces the risk of cancer.
- High in antioxidants: Kale contains a high concentration of antioxidants which help lower the risks of cancer developing. This also reduces the risk of muscle degeneration.
- Bone health: The high concentration of phosphorus and calcium helps strengthen the formation of cells.
- Aids in digestion: Due to the high fiber and water content, kale promotes regular bowel movements and prevents constipation.
- Skin and hair health: Beta-carotene in kale helps convert to vitamin A which is necessary for the maintenance and growth of hair and skin and all other body tissues.
- May lower cholesterol levels: Kale contains bile acid cut off, which helps the body in digesting and absorbing fatty foods. This helps prevent the build-up of cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Q: Is kale juice safe for people who have blood clot issues?
A: Users should contact the doctor before consuming kale and due to the high content of vitamin K.
Q: Are there dangers of taking kale juice every day?
A: while kale juice has many benefits, too much may cause other health issues like thyroid. When taken in reasonable quantities, it has no adverse effects.
Q: Can kale juice be stored for later use?
A: Yes, but the juice should be put in an airtight container and put in the refrigerator. This must be consumed within 24 hours.
Kale juice is the no. 1 go-to healthy and nutritious green juice. The juice is getting popular every day due to the associated benefits. It is the king of super healthy greens.
Author’s Bio: Kritika Singh is a beauty and skincare lover. To give wings to her love for the same, she blogs at ApunKaChoice.com, an entertainment and lifestyle blog dedicated to keeping you entertained as you take care of your health, skin, and hair. When not blogging, you would see her hopping cafes and sipping a cuppa.
Wow! I never thought that kale juice was so beneficial for health and beauty. By the way, can kale juice be recommended as a drink that makes the skin look younger?