Agate nails may look like a difficult nail design to do but it is actually very simple to achieve the design and you can totally do it yourself at home.
Agate is a semiprecious stone that stores in concentric layers within the cavities of molten rocks, shaping their characteristic banding. A few of these cavities are lined with precious stones called geodes.
How to do agate nails
- Gel nail polish in different shades
- Gel top coat
- Synthetic flat brush
- Dotting tool
- Gold foil or gold flecks
- UV lamp
- To begin, apply your base coat and let it dry.
- Then apply the gel nail polish color that you would prefer to be your base and let it cure.
- Now take a piece of foil or even plastic and layout your gel nail polishes on it in an irregular ribbon pattern. Use different nail polish colors as you would like.
- Now, with your flat brush, pick the colors from the foil and transfer them to your nails.
- Once you have your desired nail design, let it cure.
- Now using your dotting tool, pick some gold glitter polish and draw a line at the edge of the agate to give it a nice bold border.
- Then pick up tiny pieces of the gold flecks and place them where the center of the agate would be and press them firmly so they stick.
- Apply a layer or UV top coat and cure for 60 seconds.
This article may contain affiliate links and I may earn a little commission if you purchase through my link. But this is at no extra cost to you. See here for images disclaimer