In our daily lives it is our wish to look our best as we go about everyday as humans. There is a quote that says “the face is the mirror of our eyes and mind”. This means the face is a reflector of our minds and eyes and as a reflector, it should be always good looking to be a good reflector.
The human face is one of the most important parts of the body. Though we may choose to put on the best outfits and accessories but without the face in a good shape, that self confidence is lost. Since the face is the first part anybody we come in contact with will look, being it a male or female, we are so much careful about it.
Dark circles under the eyes is one of the skin problems that brings worry in an individual and it occurs when the blood vessels under the thin layer of the skin becomes more visible than any other part of the body.
CAUSES OF DARK CIRCLES
Dark circles around the eyes makes one look sick, tired or unhappy and can also lower a persons self confidence. It may be heredity, allergies, scratching or rubbing the eyes more frequently, aging, sun exposure, straining the eyes, dehydration, etc, that cause dark circles.
But do not scare yourself to death if you have dark circles as this post is here to help you do away with it.
Ways to get rid of dark circles
- Find the right concealer which is moistened and some shades lighter than your skin. Use the right concealer that can hinder the dark tone the dark circles under the eyes. Find the color which best suits you. Apply the concealer using soft makeup brush and blend it with the tip of the finger. Afterwards apply concealer translucent powder to blend it in.
- Dark eye liners can also help as this will make your eyes more brighter. Apply waterproof both it on both on the upper and lower eyelids.
- Apply waterproof mascara to protect it and to prevent the the mascara from scaling off as it will make the circles even darker.
- Lastly use a highlighter to add glow to the skin around the eyes to minimize the dark circles. Blend the make up with the tip of the finger and feathery strokes.
- Cold compresses can be applied to help minimize the blood vessels under the eyes which may be contributing to puffiness. A frozen spoon, cold water or cloth soaked in ice can be used. Apply it about 3-4 times per day as you lie down.
- Cucumber slices can be used as it is known to have healing properties on the skin. Put the cucumber in the fridge to become cold and apply it about 10-15 minutes as you lie on your head on your back.
- Apply green tea bag which has antioxidant properties and it can be applied to help lighten dark circles.
- Mint leaves are also helpful. Apply it on the face for about 15 minutes, afterwards rinse it off with cold water.
- A gentle massage on the skin atound the eyes is also helpful.
Use skin creams
Apply retinol acids which strengthens the skin. Seek a dermatologist advise for cream with vitamin A prescription. Use skin lightening creams as these will help to make the dark circles to fade away but be sure to stay away from hyaluronic if you have a sensitive skin.
Get about 7-8 hours of sleep each day to help get rid of dark rings as fatigue is one of the causes of it.
Study your allergies very well and avoid them. Eat foods rich in vitamins and healthy foods as well. Avoid alcohol as this is a contributor to skin dryness.
Seek medical attention
- See a dermatologist for therapies such as laser therapy which smoothens fats under the eyes helping in it fading away.
- Light chemical peel by a dermatologist to treat skin conditions.
- Intense pulse pulse treatment also do away with fats underneath the eyes smoothing our the skin.
- Surgery is the last resort which is performed by a plastic surgeon where fat deposits under the eyes are removed to eventually fade the dark circles.
This article may contain affiliate links and I may earn a little commission if you purchase through my link. But this is at no extra cost to you.