In our daily lives it is our wish to look our best as we go about everyday as humans. There is a quote that says “the face is the mirror of our eyes and mind”. This means the face is a reflector of our minds and eyes and as a reflector, it should be always good looking to be a good reflector.
The human face is one of the most important parts of the body. Though we may choose to put on the best outfits and accessories but without the face in a good shape, that self confidence is lost. Since the face is the first part anybody we come in contact with will look, being it a male or female, we are so much careful about it.
Dark circles under the eyes is one of the skin problems that brings worry in an individual and it occurs when the blood vessels under the thin layer of the skin becomes more visible than any other part of the body.
CAUSES OF DARK CIRCLES
Dark circles around the eyes makes one look sick, tired or unhappy and can also lower a persons self confidence. It may be heredity, allergies, scratching or rubbing the eyes more frequently, aging, sun exposure, straining the eyes, dehydration, etc, that cause dark circles.
But do not scare yourself to death if you have dark circles as this post is here to help you do away with it.
Ways to get rid of dark circles
- Find the right concealer which is moistened and some shades lighter than your skin. Use the right concealer that can hinder the dark tone the dark circles under the eyes. Find the color which best suits you. Apply the concealer using soft makeup brush and blend it with the tip of the finger. Afterwards apply concealer translucent powder to blend it in.
- Dark eye liners can also help as this will make your eyes more brighter. Apply waterproof both it on both on the upper and lower eyelids.
- Apply waterproof mascara to protect it and to prevent the the mascara from scaling off as it will make the circles even darker.
- Lastly use a highlighter to add glow to the skin around the eyes to minimize the dark circles. Blend the make up with the tip of the finger and feathery strokes.
- Cold compresses can be applied to help minimize the blood vessels under the eyes which may be contributing to puffiness. A frozen spoon, cold water or cloth soaked in ice can be used. Apply it about 3-4 times per day as you lie down.
- Cucumber slices can be used as it is known to have healing properties on the skin. Put the cucumber in the fridge to become cold and apply it about 10-15 minutes as you lie on your head on your back.
- Apply green tea bag which has antioxidant properties and it can be applied to help lighten dark circles.
- Mint leaves are also helpful. Apply it on the face for about 15 minutes, afterwards rinse it off with cold water.
- A gentle massage on the skin atound the eyes is also helpful.
Use skin creams
Apply retinol acids which strengthens the skin. Seek a dermatologist advise for cream with vitamin A prescription. Use skin lightening creams as these will help to make the dark circles to fade away but be sure to stay away from hyaluronic if you have a sensitive skin.
Get about 7-8 hours of sleep each day to help get rid of dark rings as fatigue is one of the causes of it.
Study your allergies very well and avoid them. Eat foods rich in vitamins and healthy foods as well. Avoid alcohol as this is a contributor to skin dryness.
Seek medical attention
- See a dermatologist for therapies such as laser therapy which smoothens fats under the eyes helping in it fading away.
- Light chemical peel by a dermatologist to treat skin conditions.
- Intense pulse pulse treatment also do away with fats underneath the eyes smoothing our the skin.
- Surgery is the last resort which is performed by a plastic surgeon where fat deposits under the eyes are removed to eventually fade the dark circles.
ALSO: WHAT IS FACE STEAMING AND WHY SHOULD YOU DO IT?
HOW TO LOOK GOOD WITHOUT MAKEUP
This article may contain affiliate links and I may earn a little commission if you purchase through my link. But this is at no extra cost to you.
Such a great and interesting post, thank for sharing dear. Have a lovely new week, x S.Mirli
Thank you so much.
Great!! Have a cool day, dear!!
❤ Mary María Style ❤
Thank you my dearest!
Such a great post!!
Definitely great tips as I get dark circles easily. Will try these. Have a wonderful day x
Thank you hun
So many great tips! I for sure need to start applying some of these. Thanks!
Trust me you will love it Samantha.
These are such great tips!!
Thank you Jennifer
Nice tips !
Theses naturals remedies look so interesting !
Next time I have dark spot I’ll definitely give it a try,
You will love it trust me. Thanks for your comments.
This is one reason I love my fun colored glasses…they are like camouflage for those dark circles. LOL!
Ha ha LOL! you try this too Jodie and I believe you will love it.
So great tips and so interesting post… Have a beautiful monday!
Thank you dear.
great tips, I like the idea of getting more sleep!
Thanks for your comments and time
I struggle with dark circles so thanks for these tips! I’ve been doing microneedling which is supposed to help.
That’s also a great idea, you are most welcome.
Great tips:) One thing I definitely have to do is a lifestyle change as I don’t get enough sleep:(
Thanks for heeding to this advice and your comments as well.
These are great tips! I never knew about using a green tea bag, thanks for sharing! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com
You are most welcome e dear.
I’m all into natural products. I love a good massage and those cucumber slices do magic!
Little Glittery Box
Wow! then you are the magic that made it work, thanks for your comments.
I get these from time to time and hate them! Thank you for all of these tips, I need to pin this!
Thanks for your time and comments.
Great tips here Thanks for sharing babe xoxo Cris
You are most welcome dear
Great post and a lot of awesome tips- I have dark circles around my eyes and I am trying to do something with them since long time. It’s not so easy to remove them completely but some of the things that I done it was helpful 🙂
Very true but working out hard is rewarding, good luck and have a very happy valentine’s day.
Nice tips, I don’t have dark circles, but I will remember your suggestions in case I will have them in future.
You are most welcome and have a happy valentine’s day
This is why I wear sunglasses lol Great post! So helpful 🙂
Thanks, have a happy valentine’s day.
Great tips! I get dark circles when I’m really tired. I need to try the cucumber or mint remedy!
Jill – Doused in Pink
Good luck on your try out and have a very happy valentine’s day.
nice tips! love it!
Guria do Século Passado
I have genetic dark circles and have tried to get rid of them for years! Thank goodness for concealers!
welcome and have a happy valentine’s day.
Great tips, thanks for sharing. I’ve been working on my skin and one of my stubborn areas is the dark circles. I’m going to try the cucumber and mint tea bags.
welcome and good luck on your try out
Cucumber really comes with a lot of benefits, especially when it comes to skincare. Thanks for sharing dear!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
I love this! totally need this right now, as my kids are not sleeping well, lately!
This post is for me 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
Love these tips- undereye circles are seriously so annoying!
Le Stylo Rouge
Thanks for sharing these tips! I will try them out!