One secret to a flawless face is to steam your face. This opens up your pours and makes it easy to remove dirt from your face. You can find out more about the benefits of face steaming here.
In this article, we are sharing some face steam recipes you can do at home.
Herbs and flowers for face steaming
To steam your face, boil some water and pour it into a bowl. Then add some herbs, flowers and essential oils.
Herbs have so many benefits for our health and skin. So it is very essential that you add some herbs when making your own face steam recipes at home. Herbs and flowers you can add include;
- Rose petals
- Neem leaf
- Lemon peel
Essential oils for face steaming
If you are going to add essential oils to your recipe, remember to add just a little amount. This is because they might be too strong for delicate skin. Aside their great smell, each essential oil has an amazing benefit for the skin. Here are some essential oils you can include;
- Tea tree oil: best for acne and inflammation
- Geranium oil: tightens and tones skin
- Lavender oil: great for dry skin
- Rose: best for dry skin
- Jasmine: great for mature skin
DIY face steam recipes
You can use just herbs or just essential oil to steam your face. or you can make it a mixture of both. Different herbs and oils have their own benefits, so you can either find one that works best for you or go for a combination of some herbs.
Here are some combination recipes you can try.
- Lavender + rose petals + calendula + chamomile+ geranium oil + lemon juice
- Chamomile+ rose petals + lemon peel
- Rose petals + chamomile + comfrey leaf + lavender
- Orange peel+ lavender
- Calendula + Peppermint
- Peppermint+ Rosemary
- Alfafa+ Lavender + Comfrey
- Lavender + sage + eucalyptus +rosemary + chamomile
You can steam your face once a week, unless you have very sensitive skin, then once a month is okay.