Virgin hair is a natural human hair that has been cut from the ponytail of a single donor and hasn’t been chemically processed. The donor could be Indian, Brazilian, Malaysian or Peruvian. And that is how it is sometimes called virgin Indian hair, or virgin Brazilian hair and so on.
These hairs haven’t undergone any chemical processes like bleaching or perming.
Raw virgin hair
Raw virgin hair is a virgin hair that hasn’t been treated in any sort of way. It hasnt been bleached or steamed. It is in it’s natural state as it was when it was cut from the donor.
Steamed virgin hair
Steam processed virgin hair on the other hand has been steamed to give it a specific texture like waves or curls. Steam processed hair is still virgin hair because no chemicals are applied to get the texture. Only steam and pressure are applied to the hair. This gives the hair textures like natural wave, body wave, kinky curl etc.
Ombre hair is a two-toned hair colour effect that is darker at the roots and gets lighter as it goes down.
Once the virgin hair is bleached or dyed to give it a certain colour, it is no longer virgin. But it is still quality human hair, just processed to give it colour.
So it is still Brazilian hair or Indian hair. But it is just not virgin hair due to the chemicals used to bleach it or dye it.
How to take care of virgin hair
Virgin hair can last for over a year if it is well taken care of. Here are some ways to take care of virgin hair.
- Wash hair with shampoo at least once a week.
- You can also condition the hair instead of shampooing.
- Remember to detangle hair before washing it
- It is best to let it air dry after washing
- Always make sure the hair is dry before you go to bed to prevent tangling
- Comb hair from bottom and work your way up
- It is best to braid the hair before you go to bed
- Avoid using too much styling products to prevent build up. Just use a small amount of natural oils like argan oil, coconut oil or olive oil 2-3 times a week.
- For curly or wavy hair, just sprinkling some water on it with a spray bottle is enough to define the curls
- You can also straighten your virgin human hair with a flat iron. Although you must remember to use a heat protective agent on your hair to avoid damaging the hair.
WHERE TO GET VIRGIN HAIR
When buying virgin hair or from online store, it is best to go with a site with customer reviews like BestHairBuy. With a site like this, you will have an idea of what you are buying before you order it. By reading the customer reviews, you will know what others experienced with the hair and what to expect.
*this article is sponsored