Makeup brushes make applying of makeup easy and simple. But it is important that you clean your makeup brushes once a week to keep them clean.
This is because dirty brushes can contain some bacteria which can cause harm to your skin. They can clog your pores and cause your skin to break out. And also, if your eye brushes aren’t clean often, it can cause an eye infection.
To clean your makeup brushes, you will need;
- Dishwashing soap or baby shampoo
- White vinegar
Ways to clean your makeup brushes
Using a brush cleaning mat
- Mix water, soap and white vinegar in a bowl
- Wet the brush with the mixture
- Gently scrub the brush on the brush cleaning mat
- After that rinse the brush with clean water.
- Dry out the brush for at least 24 hours before you use it again
Using a brush cleaner machine
The makeup brush cleaner machine comes with a spinner, a bowl and brush collars.
- Pour water, soap and white vinegar into bowl
- Attach the brush to the spinner
- Dip the brush into the bowl and spin to wash it
- After pour out the dirty water
- Fill the bowl with clean water
- Dip the brush into the bowl and spin to rinse it
- After that raise the brush from the water and spin to dry it.
It is advisable to get a disinfectant spray for your brushes. Spray it on the brush before each use. And then remember to wash your brush at least once a week.