After taking your time to apply your nail polish, making your nails look all pretty, you realize that after a day or two, the nail polish starts chipping and your nails do not look all pretty anymore. But don’t worry, this article is here to give you all the tips and tricks to get your nail polish to last longer.
TIPS TO GET YOUR NAIL POLISH TO LAST LONGER
- Before you apply your nail polish, the first thing to do is to file your nails to make it even. Remember to file your nails in only one direction and not back and forth as that makes it uneven.
- Dip a cotton ball into white vinegar and use it to clean your nails. This will remove oils and dirt from your nails. You can also use a nail polish remover to do this. Then wait for your nails to completely dry before moving on to the step. Do not apply nail polish to wet nails.
- Apply a base coat. This will help grip the nail polish on to the nail.
- Apply a thin layer of the nail polish. Don’t worry about it being too light. You can always apply more thin coats. The nail polish is likely to chip if you apply a thick layer at once.
- Do not wait for the polish to dry before applying a top coat. Apply the top coat whiles the nail polish is still wet.
- Wait for the nail polish to dry completely before you do anything else. This may take twenty to thirty minutes. If you are in a hurry, you can dip your fingers in cold water. When I say cold water, I mean ice cold. Putting your fingers in cold water makes the polish dry faster. Like in five minutes or less.