Most people don’t like matte lipsticks because of the drying nature. It can be difficult to get it right and not getting it right can mess up your whole look. Here are some steps you can follow if you want to apply matte lipsticks like a pro.
- Exfoliate your lips: This will remove dry and dead skin from your lips to reveal fresh and smooth skin. You can use a sugar scrub or dry toothbrush to exfoliate your lips.
- Moisturize: Once you finish exfoliating, the next thing to do is moisturize your lips. You can use a lip balm or Vaseline. This will fill in pores and make your lips smooth for the lipstick application.
- Line your lips: Use a lipliner to outline your lips. This way, just like colouring, you will colour inside the line so you wouldn’t mess it up.
- Apply the matte lipstick: Carefully apply the matte lipstick making sure to colour inside the lines. But don’t worry if some goes outside the lines.
- Conceal: Using a concealer, clean up all the mistakes you made while applying your lipstick.
I hope these steps will help make applying matte lipstick easier for you.
This article may contain affiliate links and I may earn a little commission if you purchase through my link. But this is at no extra cost to you.